Friday, January 29, 2010

Done with MS interview and Finger crossed!

OMG~~~What a LONG day!

I just finished my whole day interview in Microsoft campus and am currenting this post in their recruiting building's lobby.... I'm feeling exhausted now....I have never had such a intensive day before...

As my recruiter left early for his wife today, I don't really get a chance to recap my interviews with him today. So I guess I will do my recap here by myself :P

Hm... Overall, I think I did well. The first two interviews were especially good. I was able to solve the problem in time and show my coding ability. I had good discussion with the interviewers as well.
However, later of the day, after lunch, I got tired... after 3 - 4 hours talking and thinking... So I felt my energy level went down. So for the following two interview questions, I screwed up a little bit. I was trying to solve the problem really quick and start writing the code once I had some idea of how to do things, which was totally a mistake :(

Near the end, I was taken to the last interviewer. She was the very very nice. After solving another coding problem, we started to chat. She told me that the hiring standard for fulltime and intern is different. She also said, I should have applied for an intern if I'm not going to graduate in the august. She also mentioned another chinese girl working in her team was in the selection boundary, but now she is very good worker. I think what she meant is I'm in the edge of being hired or not hired as well, and if I was applying for intern, it would be much easier for her to say "hire"...

Well...now, I'm done with the interview, and all I can do is to enjoy the rest of the trip in Seattle and finger-crossing for myself...

O, also, tons of homework to catch up once I get back to Vancouver, including the final paper for assignment1 of CMPT376 :(

No comments:

Post a Comment