Monday, February 8, 2010

Offer received!

I received the phone call from the recruiter on Tuesday.He didn't tell me the result right away. Instead, he said a couple of questions, like how do you feel about the interviews, do you think you will fit in the team, how do you like the project, what makes you choose MS over IBM, and etc. I felt it was like another round of interview. In the end, he finally said "yes, we are going to give you the offer".I was not like jumping up and down, but more like, finally~

The following phone call was basically about the offer package. I think I'm quite happy about what they are offering. However, I still didn't accept the offer right away. Instead, I talked to my parents and a couple of my friends. I guess I wasn't quite sure about whether to work at States or not. But since I'm young, everybody is encouraging me to try it out. And of course, this is MS, really hard to reject.The recruiter was very nice that he sent an email to the project manager, the project that I was interviewed for, and ask him to connect with me and help me to make the decision if I have any. This kind of touches me. I emailed both of them back and accepted the offer.

It has been almost one week.My state is migrating from exciting to more like "OMG, I am going to step out of school". Am I ready yet? Will I miss school? Would I enjoy living in Seattle? Well, these are supposed to be questions before applying the position, which I start to concern about now.

No matter what, this is a step which will eventually happen. Start of another phase of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment