Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shen Xue&Zhao Hongbo, elusive pairs gold, touching moment!

Tonight, I had an awesome dinner at Greg's place. There were Greg, Kat (his wife), me, three other DDP students and Liyang from WICS. It is kind of like potluck. Kat made fried rice; I made dumplings and helped fry Bok Choy; Yoyo and Jianfeng brought two traditional chinese dishes; Liyang brought egg tarts; Greg made Westlake Fish and cheese cake. The cheese cake was soooo good, even better than the one I had in cheese cake etc.Everybody was asking for the recipe in the end. :P

Well, the most fun part was when we were watching pair figure skating final game after the dinner. There were three chinese teams and Shen, Xue and Zhao, Hongbo obviously received most of the attentions. Both of them were above 35. They have been skating for decades and have always been partners. They actually got married a couple of years ago. They have won many golds in various games, but never in Olympic. It is all the athletes' dream to step onto the podium of Olympic gold medal. That is why this couple came to this Winner Olympic game.

So when it was announced that their final score was 216.57 points and the rank 1 was CHINA, I saw this couple crying, screaming and hugging each other. I saw their excitement and happiness flowing from their faces.Zhao Hongbo started talking in Chinese, to Shen Xue also to himself, "I can't believe it... it is like a dream..." This is such a touching moment.

I like watching games such as figure skating, because it is not as hostile. The athletes are performing. They are trying to show their best to the world, to demonstrate the beauty.Not like other kinds of sports, where it is more like fighting with each other.

And I enjoy the most at the ending part of the game, when the winning athletes shows their emotions. Always touching moment to watch.

Anyways, I'm so happy for this couple and for China!
Go China Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment