Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Olympic Break Starts with Awsome Vancouver Art Gallary Visit~

Winner Olympic comes, bringing us two weeks of break.. Yeah...
Many of my chinese went back to China and celebrate Chinese new year with family.. I feel jealous....

But anyways, yesterday after class, I went to downtown with my friend and we visited Vancouver Art Gallery, next to Robson Square. The Olympic British Columbia Pavilion was just open. And it is free for visitors to access.

There were a long line-up when we got there. But the line moves pretty fast and has very good order. Meanwhile, there were volunteers lead the visitor along the line and talked friendly. I saw so many Canadian flags flying all around, on bags, cloths,faces... Patriotism is always the theme for this kind of event...

In no more than 10 minutes, I entered the gallery. There are four floors, but only the forth one allows photography. And actually, the floor one is the most interesting one. They have a number of interactive displays highlighting the rich cultural fabric of both British Columbia and Canada. Lots of fun... The 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors are mostly about the history, culture and nature of BC, along with some art works from artists.
It was very impressing and the best of all, it is free to access. Yay~

I feel lucky now that I chose to stay in Vancouver during the Olympic break. So many things go on all around Vancouver. I can pretty much go downtown and check out events everyday...

I'm looking forward to the coming-up events. Not worry about assignment for now... :p

No comments:

Post a Comment