Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Farewell google.cn ?! No~

It is like a bomb when the news comes out that Google may pull out of China after Gmail cyber attack.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8455712.stm
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-approach-to-china.html
Everybody is talking about it in xiaonei.com, a chinese version of facebook in China, updating their status.
I'm shocked, and hope this won't happen.

I remember when I went back China during the winter break, I had no access to Youtube, facebook, my picasa photo album and ... It was so annoying and inconvenient... Now what? Even no access to gmail from China?! This is going to be insane.

I'm not into politics and I almost have zero insights to any censorship issues. But this reminds me what I learned from my middle school history textbook, which talked about the old time when china was in seclusion and was totally isolated from the outside of the world.
We have been trying to be open and to integrate into the whole world. And we have seen what we gained out of it. We opened our market, our economy. But yet, we are not going to open our mind?!

I will feel so sad if Google really withdrawed from China, because it means an essential channel towards the whole world is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment