Monday, March 8, 2010

[WICS] International Women's Day Lunch

I have always been wanting to write something for WICS. I joined WICS in the first term when I came to SFU. I have been grown through the involvement with WICS.
Now being the president, I feel I have been more bounded to this group, taking the lead and trying to make impact. WICS has taken a big portion of my time and I have gained more skills and experiences. Well, although I will step down in the end of this semester, it is not time to farewell and sum up yet. What triggered me to write something is preparing the International Women's Day Lunch.

Today, we met up at school to decorate the room. Liyang bought many balloons and strips. We were blowing the balloons, tape the strips, tape the direction signs... ( We had very cute pink or smiley face balloons. I really like them. :D ) We were talking and laughing... It was fun.
I like it when a group of us put effort to achieve one thing. Organizing this event gives me exact this feeling. Everybody is putting effort. We put pieces altogether to achieve one goal.From this, I feel a sense of belonging.

Hm... don't really know how to expand my thoughts and express my feeling right now. I just feel kind of warm inside and look forward to the party tomorrow. (Hm... actually today! ) Happy International Women's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment